Certificate 3 Guarantee
Students may be able to access training under the Certificate 3 Guarantee program, an initiative funded by the Queensland Government to reduce the cost of training for eligible participants.
The funding provides one subsidised Certificate III level qualification to eligible Queenslanders.
API delivers the following courses under this funding:
- Certificate III in Individual Support (CHC33015)
- Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care (CHC30121)
Participants are required to pay a co-contribution fee, towards the cost of training. For each Certificate 3 program above, the co-contribution fees are:
- Concession: $350 (subject to eligibility)
- Non-concession: $600
These fees represent the total costs to the student for participation in training and achievement of the qualification (subject to successful completion of all course requirements).
Are you eligible?
To be eligible to receive government contribution participants must:
- Be aged 15 years of age or older and no longer at school
- Be an Australian citizen/permanent resident (including humanitarian entrant), or temporary resident with the necessary visa and work permits on the pathway to permanent residency, or a New Zealand citizen
- Be permanently living in Queensland
- Not hold or be enrolled in post-school Certificate 3 or higher qualification*
- Employment status does not matter – a participant can be unemployed and seeking work, or be working on a full-time, part-time, self-employed or on casual basis
*This includes any equivalent Certificate III or higher level qualification irrespective of whether the qualification is through a university degree, apprenticeship or traineeship pathway. Certificate III qualifications completed while at secondary school do not exclude you from accessing the Certificate 3 Guarantee.
Click here to access the CERTIFICATE 3 GUARANTEE FACT SHEET FOR STUDENTS