Certificate 3 Guarantee
Students may be able to access training under the Certificate 3 Guarantee program, an initiative funded by the Queensland Government to reduce the cost of training for eligible participants.
The funding provides one subsidised Certificate III level qualification to eligible Queenslanders.
API delivers the following courses under this funding:
- Certificate III in Individual Support (CHC33015)
- Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care (CHC30113)
Participants are required to pay a co-contribution fee, towards the cost of training. For each Certificate 3 program above, the co-contribution fees are:
- Concession: $350 (subject to eligibility)
- Non-concession: $600
These fees represent the total costs to the student for participation in training and achievement of the qualification (subject to successful completion of all course requirements).
NOTE: an additional cost applies for students undertaking CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support, associated with obtaining a National Police Clearance certificate. API provides assistance to students to obtain their certificate, estimated cost is $50.
Are you eligible?
To be eligible to receive government contribution participants must:
- Be aged 15 years of age or older and no longer at school
- Be an Australian citizen/ permanent resident or New Zealand citizen, permanently living in Queensland
- Employment status does not matter – a participant can be unemployed and seeking work, or be working on a full-time, part-time, self-employed or on casual basis
- Not hold or be enrolled in post-school Certificate 3 or higher qualification*
*This includes any equivalent Certificate III or higher level qualification irrespective of whether the qualification is through a university degree, apprenticeship or traineeship pathway. Certificate III qualifications completed while at secondary school do not exclude you from accessing the Certificate 3 Guarantee.
Click here to access the C3G FACT SHEET FOR STUDENTS